Hey guys! These past two days I just caught up with my modelling and did some work on my research essay. Just started rendering today (day 26) and I’m giving Keyshot software a go. Ran into a problem with Maya software unable to receive my obj. of my treant because of its really hi-poly, so I was told by a friend to give keyshot a go. I’m able to use it on my laptop and render out my 360 turntable for my model and I’m really looking forward to when I’ll be getting it done. For now I’m just working on my essay seeing as there’s no better time while my model is rendering on my laptop.
Hey guys, so I’ve been working on the body, I played around with adding little mushrooms to his arm (I’ll be adding a lot more!) and Ive started doing more details on his body. I’m planning to do some more layers of vines on my treant, so that he’s not jsut a mass of a tree. I’m still working on the feedback I was given before with trying to change the flow of his branches. hopefully I’ll be able to rotate them just so.
Just started sculpting from a sphere. Didn’t realize I could just sculpt from the beginning until my classmates told me. I would have wasted a week trying to get a base mesh and retopologizing on Maya. Problem: wasting time doing base mesh
Solved: suggestion from classmate to just do it from zBrush
“Not much I can critique on but your getting most base forms looking good.”
Today another late night spent in class till around 10 pm-11 pm trying to get the diffuse and bumps right. I sculpted the canvas a little, scanned the painting and made two separate documents. One for the diffuse and one for bump which I had to make grey out and play with the levels on Photoshop. I also played with the levels and saturation for the diffuse on Photoshop.
It was a very artsy day today with all the painting on Mari and such and playing around on substance painter. I got it quite close to the still life photo as well but there’s still some things I need to go back and redo (such as the tiny paint blob I did on the paintbrush manually, it’s bigger than the one in the photo…)
So it’s been quite a frustrating day dealing with triangles and 5 sides shapes in my topology. I’ve sculpted my canvas a little and I’ve done a base of the paint tube included in the picture. Managed to scan and email myself the painting on the canvas. I’ll have to pay a lot of attention to the detail on it.
Also managed to have the green screen room to myself to take photos.
NOTE: the photos taken aren’t professional, everything was done by me.
NOTE TO SELF: I’ll need more light on the right side of the picture, it’s a bit too dark under the paint tube.
Yesterday’s lesson I had received some critique and was told that the cheeks of my last character ( Michael Fassbender) wasn’t really there (I didn’t realize this but the cheeks were quite flat). I also had to work on the shape of the head ( from the side profile) it was too close to a shape and I had to make it look more natural. So today’s lesson I tried working more on getting these things right, on to a new reference model (Cara Delevigne).
Pull the eyes back a bit.
Have more faceting and smoothing on the cheeks to make them more angular.
Turn off symmetry (woops! Forgot to turn that off while doing the nose). Cara’s nose isn’t straight and goes more to one direction rather than straight down the middle.