Hey guys! These past two days I just caught up with my modelling and did some work on my research essay. Just started rendering today (day 26) and I’m giving Keyshot software a go. Ran into a problem with Maya software unable to receive my obj. of my treant because of its really hi-poly, so I was told by a friend to give keyshot a go. I’m able to use it on my laptop and render out my 360 turntable for my model and I’m really looking forward to when I’ll be getting it done. For now I’m just working on my essay seeing as there’s no better time while my model is rendering on my laptop.
Almost there guys! Day 1 I had to quickly re-texture the Paint tube because it didn’t quite line up to the model. The UVs were a bit stretched as well.
Day 2 I began playing with render settings and finishing up and update pre production work (I had some missing information and basically had to redo and update things) Also did a cool thing with my teacher where we put my canvas on a lazy susan and took photos of it from different directions. Seeing as I couldn’t sculpt my canvas exactly how it really was, there was an article we read about “Photometric Stereo” (Do check it out!)
We placed a light on one side and took photos so the light would capture the tiny little bumps on my canvas differently. We put the photos we thought were good onto photoshop and basically recreated a normal map! It wasn’t as hard as I’d originally thought it’d be and it’s as close as I could get it to the actual bumps on the canvas.
And now I’m here on Day 3 rendering out settings and putting in the final touches to my Pre Production document. This is what it looks like so far! You can actually see the weave of the canvas on the normal map.
Article about Photometric Stereo: