Late but finished my modelling project! I haven’t been able to update sorry I’ve been really busy with classes and just life in general. Since classes will be over soon in a few weeks I’ll be able to update more regularly on the things I will be working on. Sadly I can’t upload the rendered 360 turntable I had for my project because I don’t have a premium account so you guys will have to settle for these snapshots I took of the turntable in front, 3/4, side and back view.
Hey guys, so I’ve been working on the body, I played around with adding little mushrooms to his arm (I’ll be adding a lot more!) and Ive started doing more details on his body. I’m planning to do some more layers of vines on my treant, so that he’s not jsut a mass of a tree. I’m still working on the feedback I was given before with trying to change the flow of his branches. hopefully I’ll be able to rotate them just so.
Today was Milestone 2 and I basically had to present what I’ve been up to and how things have been going, get some feedback from my classmates and teacher.
Face is more cartoon-y than the concept I had originally drawn up
Face was a bit too symmetrical
Face profile was a bit off, I need to bring the brow ridge a bit further out like in the concept I had drawn.
My teacher suggested for me to look at old gentlemen’s faces for reference and I found one that I thought was good. I really like his friendly smile, kind eyes, and the wrinkles on his face.
For the branches I need to try make them flow upwards more instead of going out from the base making it look janky.
Also need to keep in mind I need to steer clear of having my character look like Groot (Guardians of the Galaxy) or tree beard (Lord of the Rings)
I’ll be working on these in the next few days and hopefully be able to keep on track.
Just started sculpting from a sphere. Didn’t realize I could just sculpt from the beginning until my classmates told me. I would have wasted a week trying to get a base mesh and retopologizing on Maya. Problem: wasting time doing base mesh
Solved: suggestion from classmate to just do it from zBrush
Today I did my pre production pitch and I had a missing concept so I had tod raw up what I had in mind. With some minor changes on my treant, it was approved which I was really proud of. I’ll be starting to model the base of my treant today, but I’ll post my concept for now.
Hey guys! Sorry I couldn’t update yesterday BUT I did end up doing some work during the Easter Holiday.
I textured the Ipad Pro on day 3 using substance Painter but I didn’t know I was going to be able to go about having that glass on top of the actual screen. Later found out from a classmate that I could just use the shaders on Renderman (Pixar Shaders)
Day 4 was about trying to get the other objects as close as I can to the actual photo as well as getting the lighting and shadows down. \
Below is just a snapshot of Day 3 on Substance Painter, and a quick render from Day 4 (using Pxr).