Today I did my pre production pitch and I had a missing concept so I had tod raw up what I had in mind. With some minor changes on my treant, it was approved which I was really proud of. I’ll be starting to model the base of my treant today, but I’ll post my concept for now.
Almost there guys! Day 1 I had to quickly re-texture the Paint tube because it didn’t quite line up to the model. The UVs were a bit stretched as well.
Day 2 I began playing with render settings and finishing up and update pre production work (I had some missing information and basically had to redo and update things) Also did a cool thing with my teacher where we put my canvas on a lazy susan and took photos of it from different directions. Seeing as I couldn’t sculpt my canvas exactly how it really was, there was an article we read about “Photometric Stereo” (Do check it out!)
We placed a light on one side and took photos so the light would capture the tiny little bumps on my canvas differently. We put the photos we thought were good onto photoshop and basically recreated a normal map! It wasn’t as hard as I’d originally thought it’d be and it’s as close as I could get it to the actual bumps on the canvas.
And now I’m here on Day 3 rendering out settings and putting in the final touches to my Pre Production document. This is what it looks like so far! You can actually see the weave of the canvas on the normal map.
Article about Photometric Stereo:
Hey guys! Sorry I couldn’t update yesterday BUT I did end up doing some work during the Easter Holiday.
I textured the Ipad Pro on day 3 using substance Painter but I didn’t know I was going to be able to go about having that glass on top of the actual screen. Later found out from a classmate that I could just use the shaders on Renderman (Pixar Shaders)
Day 4 was about trying to get the other objects as close as I can to the actual photo as well as getting the lighting and shadows down. \
Below is just a snapshot of Day 3 on Substance Painter, and a quick render from Day 4 (using Pxr).