Hey guys, so I’ve been working on the body, I played around with adding little mushrooms to his arm (I’ll be adding a lot more!) and Ive started doing more details on his body. I’m planning to do some more layers of vines on my treant, so that he’s not jsut a mass of a tree. I’m still working on the feedback I was given before with trying to change the flow of his branches. hopefully I’ll be able to rotate them just so.
Today another late night spent in class till around 10 pm-11 pm trying to get the diffuse and bumps right. I sculpted the canvas a little, scanned the painting and made two separate documents. One for the diffuse and one for bump which I had to make grey out and play with the levels on Photoshop. I also played with the levels and saturation for the diffuse on Photoshop.
It was a very artsy day today with all the painting on Mari and such and playing around on substance painter. I got it quite close to the still life photo as well but there’s still some things I need to go back and redo (such as the tiny paint blob I did on the paintbrush manually, it’s bigger than the one in the photo…)
Hey guys! Sorry I couldn’t update yesterday BUT I did end up doing some work during the Easter Holiday.
I textured the Ipad Pro on day 3 using substance Painter but I didn’t know I was going to be able to go about having that glass on top of the actual screen. Later found out from a classmate that I could just use the shaders on Renderman (Pixar Shaders)
Day 4 was about trying to get the other objects as close as I can to the actual photo as well as getting the lighting and shadows down. \
Below is just a snapshot of Day 3 on Substance Painter, and a quick render from Day 4 (using Pxr).