Tag: creative

Modelling Project Day 25-26

Hey guys! These past two days I just caught up with my modelling and did some work on my research essay. Just started rendering today (day 26) and I’m giving Keyshot software a go. Ran into a problem with Maya software unable to receive my obj. of my treant because of its really hi-poly, so I was told by a friend to give keyshot a go. I’m able to use it on my laptop and render out my 360 turntable for my model and I’m really looking forward to when I’ll be getting it done. For now I’m just working on my essay seeing as there’s no better time while my model is rendering on my laptop.

rendering.JPG

Advertisements
WIP StillLife: Day 3-4

WIP StillLife: Day 3-4

Hey guys! So yesterday I stayed in class till a bit past 11 pm trying to quickly render out one frame to hand in for tomorrow’s class. I basically had to make sure the lights were the same as well as all the models were finished (except for the minor details for sculpting).

Had some feedback from my teacher when I handed in my retry (I redid the render really quickly and handed a snapshot of it in cause I wasn’t happy with the lighting on the first render)

The Critique

  • Shadows need to be worked on

Above is the real still life shot I’d taken in the green screen room, and to the top right corner is the 3D model (and lighting) scene. I’ve also included the wire frame for the objects.

Since it’s easter weekend I’ll be having a break from this for one day and then back to work! I’ve gotta start UVing/ sculpting. I could also probably put on some preset shaders…

 

Renderman – Making different materials

Renderman – Making different materials

This week’s objective is learning about lighting, shading and rendering and today we learnt a bit about Renderman. Renderman is a 3D rendering engine created by Pixar and today, our task was to create five objects of different material.

The first time I’d done it I’d receive critique at the end (gave us around two hours to hand in).

Critique:

  1. Less light and the shadows are a bit sharp.
  2. The egg has more subsurface.
  3. Leather is too opaque (a bit flat looking) + specular highlight.
  4. The bump on the wood can be increased.
  5. Cloth’s bump can also be increased on surface.

So I worked on these things and (hopefully) there’s a bit of improvement. Here’s a before and after picture of my five material objects.

(Before: left || After: right)

Note: click on the image to have a closer look!