Almost there guys! Day 1 I had to quickly re-texture the Paint tube because it didn’t quite line up to the model. The UVs were a bit stretched as well.
Day 2 I began playing with render settings and finishing up and update pre production work (I had some missing information and basically had to redo and update things) Also did a cool thing with my teacher where we put my canvas on a lazy susan and took photos of it from different directions. Seeing as I couldn’t sculpt my canvas exactly how it really was, there was an article we read about “Photometric Stereo” (Do check it out!)
We placed a light on one side and took photos so the light would capture the tiny little bumps on my canvas differently. We put the photos we thought were good onto photoshop and basically recreated a normal map! It wasn’t as hard as I’d originally thought it’d be and it’s as close as I could get it to the actual bumps on the canvas.
And now I’m here on Day 3 rendering out settings and putting in the final touches to my Pre Production document. This is what it looks like so far! You can actually see the weave of the canvas on the normal map.
Today another late night spent in class till around 10 pm-11 pm trying to get the diffuse and bumps right. I sculpted the canvas a little, scanned the painting and made two separate documents. One for the diffuse and one for bump which I had to make grey out and play with the levels on Photoshop. I also played with the levels and saturation for the diffuse on Photoshop.
It was a very artsy day today with all the painting on Mari and such and playing around on substance painter. I got it quite close to the still life photo as well but there’s still some things I need to go back and redo (such as the tiny paint blob I did on the paintbrush manually, it’s bigger than the one in the photo…)
Hey guys! Sorry I couldn’t update yesterday BUT I did end up doing some work during the Easter Holiday.
I textured the Ipad Pro on day 3 using substance Painter but I didn’t know I was going to be able to go about having that glass on top of the actual screen. Later found out from a classmate that I could just use the shaders on Renderman (Pixar Shaders)
Day 4 was about trying to get the other objects as close as I can to the actual photo as well as getting the lighting and shadows down. \
Below is just a snapshot of Day 3 on Substance Painter, and a quick render from Day 4 (using Pxr).
Hey guys! Sorry for not uploading in a while, I’ve been really sick lately but I’m recovering now.
It’s been really busy in class recently because of the assignment we’re currently going through. Brief description down below.
With the team, each member is to help set up, light and photograph the scenes. Then recreate the still life composition in 3D.
It’s been a week since I’ve started, and I thought I’d only start posting on here when I get to the 3D modeling stage. All the pre-production I’ve done, I’ve posted elsewhere.
I’m a bit behind everyone else (being bed-ridden for two days), I still haven’t created my final still life composition and taken the pic but I have taken photos from my phone on different composition ideas with the objects I’ve decided to use.
Contrasting Themes (E.g modern vs traditional, soft vs hard, etc. )
I’ve chosen modern vs traditional, using Technology (the IPad Pro) and traditional, the painted canvas and paint brushes. I’ve already modeled the Apple Pencil and the IPad Pro 9″7. I’ve still got the canvas, paintbrush, paint and possibly if I have time, the paint splurges to go. I’ve also done a quick painting on Procreate to feature on my IPad when I texture it. (the one used on the IPad compositions was just a filler)