Hey guys! These past two days I just caught up with my modelling and did some work on my research essay. Just started rendering today (day 26) and I’m giving Keyshot software a go. Ran into a problem with Maya software unable to receive my obj. of my treant because of its really hi-poly, so I was told by a friend to give keyshot a go. I’m able to use it on my laptop and render out my 360 turntable for my model and I’m really looking forward to when I’ll be getting it done. For now I’m just working on my essay seeing as there’s no better time while my model is rendering on my laptop.
Hey guys, so I’ve been working on the body, I played around with adding little mushrooms to his arm (I’ll be adding a lot more!) and Ive started doing more details on his body. I’m planning to do some more layers of vines on my treant, so that he’s not jsut a mass of a tree. I’m still working on the feedback I was given before with trying to change the flow of his branches. hopefully I’ll be able to rotate them just so.
Today I did my pre production pitch and I had a missing concept so I had tod raw up what I had in mind. With some minor changes on my treant, it was approved which I was really proud of. I’ll be starting to model the base of my treant today, but I’ll post my concept for now.
Hey guys! Sorry I couldn’t update yesterday BUT I did end up doing some work during the Easter Holiday.
I textured the Ipad Pro on day 3 using substance Painter but I didn’t know I was going to be able to go about having that glass on top of the actual screen. Later found out from a classmate that I could just use the shaders on Renderman (Pixar Shaders)
Day 4 was about trying to get the other objects as close as I can to the actual photo as well as getting the lighting and shadows down. \
Below is just a snapshot of Day 3 on Substance Painter, and a quick render from Day 4 (using Pxr).
Hey guys! So yesterday I stayed in class till a bit past 11 pm trying to quickly render out one frame to hand in for tomorrow’s class. I basically had to make sure the lights were the same as well as all the models were finished (except for the minor details for sculpting).
Had some feedback from my teacher when I handed in my retry (I redid the render really quickly and handed a snapshot of it in cause I wasn’t happy with the lighting on the first render)
- Shadows need to be worked on
Above is the real still life shot I’d taken in the green screen room, and to the top right corner is the 3D model (and lighting) scene. I’ve also included the wire frame for the objects.
Since it’s easter weekend I’ll be having a break from this for one day and then back to work! I’ve gotta start UVing/ sculpting. I could also probably put on some preset shaders…
Hey guys! Sorry for not uploading in a while, I’ve been really sick lately but I’m recovering now.
It’s been really busy in class recently because of the assignment we’re currently going through. Brief description down below.
- With the team, each member is to help set up, light and photograph the scenes. Then recreate the still life composition in 3D.
It’s been a week since I’ve started, and I thought I’d only start posting on here when I get to the 3D modeling stage. All the pre-production I’ve done, I’ve posted elsewhere.
I’m a bit behind everyone else (being bed-ridden for two days), I still haven’t created my final still life composition and taken the pic but I have taken photos from my phone on different composition ideas with the objects I’ve decided to use.
- Contrasting Themes (E.g modern vs traditional, soft vs hard, etc. )
I’ve chosen modern vs traditional, using Technology (the IPad Pro) and traditional, the painted canvas and paint brushes. I’ve already modeled the Apple Pencil and the IPad Pro 9″7. I’ve still got the canvas, paintbrush, paint and possibly if I have time, the paint splurges to go. I’ve also done a quick painting on Procreate to feature on my IPad when I texture it. (the one used on the IPad compositions was just a filler)
This week’s objective is learning about lighting, shading and rendering and today we learnt a bit about Renderman. Renderman is a 3D rendering engine created by Pixar and today, our task was to create five objects of different material.
The first time I’d done it I’d receive critique at the end (gave us around two hours to hand in).
- Less light and the shadows are a bit sharp.
- The egg has more subsurface.
- Leather is too opaque (a bit flat looking) + specular highlight.
- The bump on the wood can be increased.
- Cloth’s bump can also be increased on surface.
So I worked on these things and (hopefully) there’s a bit of improvement. Here’s a before and after picture of my five material objects.
(Before: left || After: right)
Note: click on the image to have a closer look!