Hey guys, so I’ve been working on the body, I played around with adding little mushrooms to his arm (I’ll be adding a lot more!) and Ive started doing more details on his body. I’m planning to do some more layers of vines on my treant, so that he’s not jsut a mass of a tree. I’m still working on the feedback I was given before with trying to change the flow of his branches. hopefully I’ll be able to rotate them just so.
Hey guys! So yesterday I stayed in class till a bit past 11 pm trying to quickly render out one frame to hand in for tomorrow’s class. I basically had to make sure the lights were the same as well as all the models were finished (except for the minor details for sculpting).
Had some feedback from my teacher when I handed in my retry (I redid the render really quickly and handed a snapshot of it in cause I wasn’t happy with the lighting on the first render)
- Shadows need to be worked on
Above is the real still life shot I’d taken in the green screen room, and to the top right corner is the 3D model (and lighting) scene. I’ve also included the wire frame for the objects.
Since it’s easter weekend I’ll be having a break from this for one day and then back to work! I’ve gotta start UVing/ sculpting. I could also probably put on some preset shaders…
So it’s been quite a frustrating day dealing with triangles and 5 sides shapes in my topology. I’ve sculpted my canvas a little and I’ve done a base of the paint tube included in the picture. Managed to scan and email myself the painting on the canvas. I’ll have to pay a lot of attention to the detail on it.
Also managed to have the green screen room to myself to take photos.
NOTE: the photos taken aren’t professional, everything was done by me.
NOTE TO SELF: I’ll need more light on the right side of the picture, it’s a bit too dark under the paint tube.
I’ve taken the critique during class and have added a bit more rust around the nails. Some darkened wood (wet spots?) as well as scratches. I’ve changed where I’ve also placed the logos, and I got to say, it looks way better than it did before. Thank god for critique.
Yesterday’s lesson I had received some critique and was told that the cheeks of my last character ( Michael Fassbender) wasn’t really there (I didn’t realize this but the cheeks were quite flat). I also had to work on the shape of the head ( from the side profile) it was too close to a shape and I had to make it look more natural. So today’s lesson I tried working more on getting these things right, on to a new reference model (Cara Delevigne).
- Pull the eyes back a bit.
- Have more faceting and smoothing on the cheeks to make them more angular.
- Turn off symmetry (woops! Forgot to turn that off while doing the nose). Cara’s nose isn’t straight and goes more to one direction rather than straight down the middle.