This week’s objective is learning about lighting, shading and rendering and today we learnt a bit about Renderman. Renderman is a 3D rendering engine created by Pixar and today, our task was to create five objects of different material.
The first time I’d done it I’d receive critique at the end (gave us around two hours to hand in).
- Less light and the shadows are a bit sharp.
- The egg has more subsurface.
- Leather is too opaque (a bit flat looking) + specular highlight.
- The bump on the wood can be increased.
- Cloth’s bump can also be increased on surface.
So I worked on these things and (hopefully) there’s a bit of improvement. Here’s a before and after picture of my five material objects.
(Before: left || After: right)
Note: click on the image to have a closer look!